Friday, November 1, 2013

Light at the end of the tunnel? Or just another tiny door at the end of the Hall?

Today is Friday. That means today is day 5! Yay. Hopefully only 9 more days to go with this strict of a diet. I'm remaining optimistic that I'm on the mend and will be ready to add things back in after that time period, though I know there's a real chance that this won't be the case. Stress certainly doesn't help this period of adjustment, but, it does give me something to focus on besides how I feel every second of the day, so that's quite nice! Our cat is sick. He's peeing blood. All over the house in fact. Really, he is just doing everything he can to avoid actually using a litter box. While i'm not sick in this way, I kind of know how this goes. Food is kind of like this. I know I have to eat, I know what I have to eat, but I'm avoiding at all times facing the fact that I still will have to eat these things when I don't want to. Again, thank God for fruit and Sweet potato chips!
Tonight I'm sitting here, sipping my RepairVite, and trying to think of the things I'm thankful for. It's officially November, so I feel like I should be getting into the season of Thanksgiving and being thankful for things. So here's the list i've come up with so far, and yes, many of them are food-based, becasue by this point, it's mostly what's on my mind:
  • I'm Thankful for
    • unsweetened coconut chia seed pudding with berries
    • a cat who is healthy enough to not be in the Hospital, and a wife who stayed up half the night with him so I could stay home.
    • Sweet potato chips
    • A healthy, happy, creative, smart almost-2 year old
    • the invention of the toaster oven
    • my vitamix- yes, i'm extra thankful for this one!
    • the fact that my stomach didn't feel quite as bad today as other day
I know I really need to be keeping these things in mind, especially the next few weeks, as my kitchen is being torn apart. I'm also very thankful that my mother is willing to let all of us stay with her while that is being done! What a pain in the butt living in old homes/apartments is! We have a mold issue, and i'm scared to death that once they finally come in to do some work on the wall and install new cabinets it's going to take longer than the 2-3 days they are hoping for. The people next to us having been living through a total kitchen (we're talking down to the foundation!) remodel because of a water leak, and it's been 2.5 weeks of no kitchen for them. I'm kind of freaking out. I absolutely CANNOT go 2.5 weeks without my kitchen! My landlord suggests I cook everything in a microwave and vitamix. I'm not sure he know how gross food cooked from scratch in a microwave is, or how bad it is for your health! I don't even own one...
Plus, thursday is Xander's 2nd birthday! I'm so excited. I need to get my act together and figure out the amazing raw cake i'm going to make him! I'm making a raw cake that's vegan and gluten, soy, and corn free so both my mom, sister, and sister in law can eat them! I, however, have to stick to no cake. WHAT A BUMMER. Yes, I'm very sad about this. Have I mentioned how much I love cake? I LOVE cake. Oh well, what you gonna do? I guess i'll just keep coming up with creative ways to sneak allowable foods into my diet and keep trying to trick my body into thinking it's enjoying this process.
Lunch and dinner weren't too bad today. I boiled some remaining zuccini noodles and smeard a ton of pesto on them and ate 1.5 chicken apple sausages for lunch. I felt happily full. Tonight I ate half an acorn squash with a "stuffing" of apples, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and ground turkey. Made me eat about 1/3 lb of meat, which is great!
Alright, I think it's time to wind down for the night with a new book and my glass of RepairVite (which I secretly don't mind the taste of, surprisingly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment